Friday, March 5, 2010
We're having a heatwave!!!!
Ok, ok I know I have been very silent but now I think I could write just a bit about the NOW. Do any of you remember the song "We're having a heatwave, a tropical heatwave"? Well that's what I believe we've been experiencing. But I remember the person singing that song was a sexy looking brunette in a sarong surrounded by tanned hulks. That's not how I've reacted to our recent weather. I sweat, have my clothes stick to me in all the wrong places and constantly have to check that my pants are also just sweating. Yes I am sweating not glowing or any of those wonderful things ladies are supposed to do when they are very hot. The heat has also made me realise that fat people can show of their flabby arms - they might be the only wings I ever own and being seen in a bathing costume by others when doing a whale impression in your own pool is to put it in modern lingo .... COOOL BABY COOOL. On the up side as well I now sport quite a tan - I know the cancer thing and all the sun can do to your skin but at my age the sun long ago did the damage I now see. And I am quite prepared to take what life throws at me. At 71 I just want to cope with this heatwave. So I wear my sarong and my hulk is now bulky but we are happy just being COOL BABY COOL. Love all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH. MY. WORD. It is hot!! I love summer, but this is extreme. I have a headache and I'm hot and I don't have a swimming pool in my new garden (speaking of which, when are you coming to visit?)
Glad you enjoying!!
Sue x
When you have a swimming pool. Just joking, will make a plan in the very near future. You and Jake have been a part of my life for tooooooo long to not continue in the same way. Love you both a lot. God bless
Post a Comment