Friday, September 26, 2008

Here I am again

Well, with the help from my beloved niece I think I have got the hang of this blog thingy. What to say - such a lot is happening in my life at the moment that time seems to be literally flying past. First of all, Maureen and I spent such a lovely few hours with Amy and Caroline yesterday - both are so similar in development that its hard to believe that this is mother and daughter in front of us. We have watched Caroline go through the same steps that Amy is now tentatively taking. we are so blessed. But enough of them after all you get all the latest news of Amy from her mother. I am sooooo excited about going to the USA to see our son Andre. It is 5 years since he left to go to the New World and a new world it has become for him. A job in the hospitality trade, an American fiance and wedding and so much more. I hate flying but any mother for a child will walk through flames to get to her offspring. So that is what I am going to do on the 20 October - fly which I think is completely unnatural for any human being. Encased in a tin can - albeit very large, with too many other human being for an unbelievabley long time to get to the other side of the globe. Going backwards in time - too terrible to contemplate. BUT at the end a reunion so memorable it will last a long time in my memory. Tomorrow, 27 September, together with my closest friends and family I will celebrate a Bridal Shower for Jenelle - she will be having the same in Florida - only behind us by 6 hours. Champagne, snacks and lots of love will flow around me as we try to share this exciting time with my future daughter-in-law. At last my family is increasing not only with a daughter-in-law but her extended family. How blessed are Gerrit and I. Am I going on too long with this blog - - can't help it I'm inclined always to say too much. But I am excited - join in this wonderful time with me. You also are important at this time and I wish you were all going with us on the adventure. Until next time God bless

7 comments:

Wendy said...

well hello there. How exciting to see you here. I know this trip is going to be so special for you all. Hope the shower went well.
Welcome to blog land.Hope to see lots of you here
xx
Wendy

Sue said...

So good to catch up on your blog - finally. Nice to have a new page to read when I have some free time.

Thanks so much for a lovely time on Saturday. It was very special and I'm sure that Andre and Janelle would have appreciated it all very much. We, too, wish that we could afford to join them on their big day!!

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon!

Susie xxx

Anonymous said...

So glad you managed to post a blog! See it is not so hard. It was a lovely post and I look forward to reading many more, after all we all know you have a lot to say! :)
I hope you will keep us up to date when you are in America. It is not long now. Very exciting, but we are going to miss you so!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world!! Look forward to reading more!

Enjoy your trip!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bridal shower the other night. A bit odd without the silly guessing rhymes and without the bride-to-be.
You are so brave to be flying off to the US of A.
I am scared of flying but I know you are worse than me. You are a truly great mom ( a bit painful at times, but nevertheless, a truly loving mom).
I know that this will be the greatest gift you will ever have given Andre.
My heart goes with you.

purpleronnie said...

Welcome to Blogworld! I enjoyed this post and it all sounds very exciting indeed. I hope that the shower went well. I know that Andre must be just as excited or more to be seeing you in October. I am sure the wedding will be wonderful! It is such a special time for a mother - enjoy it!
ps now you will have to Caz to teach you to upload pictures so we can see how the wedding went

Fiona said...

Welcome to "Blogland". It is great to read all your news. I wish you the trip of a lifetime. You must all be getting really excited now. Fiona xx