Thursday, October 2, 2008

NEARLY TIME

Firstly - seven comments!!!! I'm so thrilled - are people really interested in my ordinary life which will soon become so exciting I will hardly be able to contain myself. Of course, that's nothing unusual as many of you know. I am inclined to be over the top, in your face and all the other things that tell you just the kind of person I am. So often I promise myself that I will try to be a nearly 70 year old woman but they who do don't have half the fun I do. Some, but very few will ask, "Why the hums of Nor" but then again so many of you know exactly why. For those who don't one of our family's favourite characters namely Pooh the bear with little brain often composed hums which obviously kept him calm and lovable. I hum, musically that is, and it keeps me calm, lovable well that's debatable , it depends on who is hearing. Several members of my close family find it most annoying and hard as I try to keep on their right side I cannot resist the urge to hum. Only 18 more sleeps and I dare to go where no sensible nearly 70 year old should go - into that large airborne tin can with a load of strangers winging my way to the USA. My humming has become more frenatic and louder so to all who come close be warned. I have a few regrets about going for so long - three months - I will miss the traditional Christmas and New Year celebrations with my loving family and friends, leave behind my "children" at the Welcome Club who tell me they will cry every day I'm away, the older than me folks at the church whom I love dearly and last but not least little Amy, who will grow up so much during that time. I hope I have made enough impression on her for her to remember her loud great aunt when we return. Oh, and not forgetting what will the residents of 7nde Laan do in the time I am away? Oh well enough to catch up with them after all the Bold and the Beautiful is still going strong after many of their fans have moved onto higher places. Gee, this blogging is quite easy going once you get the hang of it. Love you all God bless

4 comments:

Sue said...

Flip!! 18 more sleeps - the time is just going to fly by now. I'm sure that Andre and Janelle are both bursting with excitement too! And, yes, I love hearing what you have to say, so keep blogging, especially while you're away. And keep humming - it's part of who you are and we love it!! XXX

Wendy said...

Imagine that humming in the next 2 week it will be heard here I am sure! I am sure the flight will be uneventful and imagine how wonderful your christmas will be with your new little family in the USA . How exciting keep us posted
xx
Wendy

purpleronnie said...

I've heard the humming story of course but never had the experience of hearing it yet - because you are already so calm in presence? Hehehehe!
Everything and everyone you love will still all be here when you get back and still love you just as much so just go and have a wonderful time - yay the time is nearly here! Hope you will keep us updated while you are over there too!

Fiona said...

You are one of the most enthusiastic people I know and that is a good thing. Hum away if it keeps you calm. Amy will not forget you, I can vouch for that. We have only seen Lily every six months and her memory is amazing, she never forgets her loud Nana nor her quiet Dad-dad for that matter. You are going to have a very happy and emotional journey. Enjoy it. Fiona xxx