Friday, October 17, 2008
It's almost time
After all the months of saving, planning and anticipation we are in the last few days of getting ready to fly to the USA. I'm excited and yet apprehensive about the long flight. I don't know if we are going back in time or forward but whatever way it is the end will be in Fort Lauderdale Florida and our son will be waiting for us ... what joy. The pile on the spare room bed has decreased as I painstakingly put everything into see through bags so that the customs can see what we are taking into their country. What clothes to take is always a problem but when you sit down and think about it rationally you realise that you don't need vast amounts. But do we ever learn. So..... I will take what I think is necessary and just make do. Lots of things need to be attended to things to pay etc Christmas cards to address etc etc I appear to have given up cooking on a regular basis, thank goodness for an understanding husband who is always ready to cook himself waterblommetjie or green bean stews or chop, potato and onion. Well it is his time anyway I have struggled with daily menus for close of 37 years and I hate cooking so I don't think I have done too badly. You see I am quite happy with scrambled egg on toast or baked beans but he being a boer likes vleis, rys en aartappels. I will be helping Andre and Jenelle with the cooking but know it always seems more exciting in someone elses kitchen. Enough of my thoughts for today there's a pile of packing still to be done and my hair color needs refreshing so I will be off to my personal hairdresser soon. Cheers until next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment