Sunday, October 19, 2008

Packing, Unpacking

Will we never learn .... Packing is a nightmare and I seem to be in the middle of one. I really thought that after having travelled to the UK a few times I knew exactly what I needed to take to wear. In 1970 I lived for two weeks camping in Scandinavia out a small cabin size suitcase. Never thought that I was taking too little and everyday I seemed to look decent - well we all looked more or less the same so it really didn't matter. But now all this time later I have packed everything I thought I needed for a three months stay in the USA and today I unpacked. Once again I have taken too many clothes. After all they do have washing machines, tumble driers and every other appliance to keep myself looking good. Whatever I take they haven't seen before so why is it so hard to pack down? The humming is getting faster, my nerves are in the tips of my fingers and the wine is definitely going down faster. We have a lot of gifts to take for our baby and also for Andre and Jenelle but I think I will have to leave the Vuvuzela behind unless one of my companions agrees to pack it in. What possessed me to buy one anyway, Andre does not like local soccer or its fans so...... By this time tomorrow I will be throwing out more clothes and in the USA will find I just haven't enough to wear. This is a puzzlement as Pooh would say.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Hi Hope you all arrived safe and sound and got all the "stuff" packed in your bags. Can't wait for your firt post from the US of A. You are there at a truly exciting time politically too I think it is going to be an historic election. Love Fiona xx