Monday, December 8, 2008

Anybody out there?

Hi bloggers
One of the greatest advantages in the USA for the three of us is that internet is readily available each and every day we are here. First thing in the morning we login and check our email and next go to my blog to see if anyone has contacted us. Are we homesick for friendly, warm SA and especially our loved ones and friends in Edgemead and environs? I suppose unwittingly this is just what it is although perfectly are ease here with Andre and Jenelle. We don't want to lose contact with all that is going on at home. It is such a disappointment to find nothing new on either of the above but maybe everyone back home is busy with their everyday lives. We are the ones with lots of time on our hands in between sightseeing and looking wide eyed at the decorations that are now apearing all over the suburbs for Christmas and Channukha(?) Some of the blogs I read are old and quite upsetting in a way for many of the bloggers that are not in my circle of everyday friends are sad or confused one way or another. What the majority of them have that I no longer have is YOUTH. Lordy girls you are beautiful, worthy and an asset to any friendship circle and you have a lifetime still to enjoy. Yes I said enjoy - each and every day is filled with blessings sometimes so smalll they are overlooked. I love and enjoy reading what you do and the things that fill your lives. I realise how blessed you are to be living in this day and age when women are equal in everyway to men. But you seem to forget all these things about yourselves. It took me quite a time to reach this place in my life and i look back now with a few regrets but none that I will end my life with. That's the best do all you want enjoy every experience and never have regrets. Love life and fill it with joy and laughter because you are worthy of happiness and I look forward to reading that you are now walking on the sunny side of the street again. Love you all

4 comments:

Louise said...

Dear Eleanor

There's no place like home. My dear husband just walked in to the office, fresh from Woolies with not one but two desserts for me! Tiramisu and Lemon Swirl Cheesecake. Delicious. I didn't read how the mash went down on thanksgiving. When Rowland and Timothy were in the US for two weeks they didn't have one home cooked meal.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas

with love

Louise

Fiona said...

Everyone is busy Elenore, I get so irritated when I go on and no one has updated... but I am the biggest culprit ha ha ha. I get so excited when I see there is a new post to read. You have yourselves a merry little Xmas and enjoy enjoy enjoy. Can't wait to see all the photos and hear all about the new baby when you get home. Love to all Fiona xxx

Sue said...

Hi Nor,

Nice to see you've updated your blog too! I'm guilty of being too busy to blog at the moment, so just a quick check up on what's been happening in everyone's life.

As you know, I've learnt the hard way that life's short and we do our best to make each day a happy one!!

Looking forward to seeing you again and to hearing about the arrival of baby A, my thoughts are with Andre and Jenelle as they take the last few steps into parenthood - what a journey.

Lots of love to you all,
Sue xxx

Mari said...

Hi Nor, sounds like you are having a fabulous time with Andre and Jenelle.
Enjoy the run up to Christmas and welcoming your grand-daughter into the world, we can't wait to hear all about her.
Mari, Bob and Bayden x