Hi bloggers near and far
Haven't been here for a while because of various reasons. Still loving being here with Andre and Jenelle and have settled in just like Americans. I'm getting used to this convenient way of living "just add water" as Jenelle says but strange to say I miss the good old SA way of cooking. Not that it is my favourite pastime but somehow you can do that with love. Opening packets, tins, etc just doesn't have the same satisfaction as peeling the vegs and humming a favourite tune. Yes I still do that and so far no-one has been irritated. We are enjoyed the "winter" weather and I might even come home with a tan. That must tell you just how great the weather has been. Of course, in USA, where so many LARGE people stay I have been wearing, in public, sleeveless tops and letting everything just hang out, well not literally but for me it feels like it. Anyway. went on an airboat ride down in the Everglades and thoroughly enjoyed it. Saw enourmous alligators, in pens thank goodness and ate an Indian dog. No no no just a fat frankfurther in a bread blanket. On Friday last week, I think it was Friday, we sat on the beach at Delray with many other folk and watched the latest shuttle Endeav our take off. What a sight it was amazing could see the rockets fall off and the shuttle get smaller and smaller as it started it journey to the space station. Brave people those astornauts. On Sunday we went to Kennedy Space Centre and went on a tour of the place. It is gigantic and we travelled by bus from one section to the next. It is only when you have the components in sight and hear the amount of trouble it takes to make each launch safe that you realise the USA takes great care of every little item. Jenelle is great and keeps up with us although she is so close to launch time herself. We have a lovely time with Shelley and Emma as Shell is giving us a lot of time driving us to the malls. She is also grateful for the company as Vaughan works every day and she misses Margie who will be in San Diego until 15 Dec when we will all be here in Florida. Looking forward to that. Until next time God bless love you allo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay, great to have you back and reading all your news. Keep having fun and love to all. Fiona xx
I am only catching up on blogs and emails now as I have been offline for a while and have had the flu, so I was very excited to see a new blog post here!
Glad things are going well and look forward to seeing your tan! I loved the Kennedy Space center when we visited it years ago, I think because I have always been fascinated by space and of course wanted to be a (part-time) astronaut when I was a kid! lol. keep well xxx
Post a Comment