Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Its almost time

Hi bloggers
I cant believe that three months is finally coming to an end. We have had a roller coaster time here in the USA. Some ups some downs but at the end of the ride wish we could do it again. We have met some wonderful friends Usa and Sa citizens; all friends of A and J. They gave us a Goodbye supper on Monday night. the one night of the week they all have off. What a great time it was. I hate to think of Sunday when we have to be at the Fort LAUDERdale airport at 5am!!! Can you believe I must be awake at that time to leaved at 7am, for JFK New York airporport. I fully trust that each sunrise happens without my help but here I am getting up to see that it really happens each day. It will be a hard time saying goodbye to my beloved son. I don't lknow when we will hug one another again. Only on farewells like his do you realise that they are only lent to us. I thought we would be together in one country forefever. Just goes to show we nefver know what the future holds. I envy the ga-[ga grans and grampys who have the next generation close at hand. Who the hell cares what they call you they are there. our beautiful granddaughter Adrianna will grow up away from us, developing all the little things we love without having any control over what they jmight be. I thank heaven for our niece and her husband who so willingly share they little ones with us. Thank you both for blessing us with Amy and ??? we will love them equally. But enought of all this sad stuff we look forward to being backhome among those who love us just as we are. No warts but warts and all. We have missed you all so please book us for meals on a regular basis as I think I have given up cooking in a serious way. No joke. I'm quite serious about that. Sandra we are available for theevening of the19th as the 20th is now given to the Birbecks. I think I have had 3 glasses but whose counting? Maureen. Love to you alolo.l

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are making me sniffly. Hope all goes well with your trip home, I know that it is incredibly hard to leave your family, not knowing when you will see them again.

There is plenty of love waiting for you back home,

x

Wendy said...

I know how hard it is to leave your family. Do it quick when the time comes and make plans to set up skype with a webcam so you can see your grandaughter and talk to her , this way she will know you and your voice. then save like mad so you can go visit again.
strength and love coming your way
and hey a few more of those vinos may help....

Sue said...

I can only imagine how hard it's going to be to say goodbye to your family. Especially after such a long break with them. We can't wait to have you home, Jake's missing his Granny Nor too!

Hope you have a safe trip, we will be thinking of you all the time.

Lots of love, hugs and kisses,
Sue xxx

Louise said...

Unless you've done it, you don't know how it feels. It's harsh being separated from family but we all cope, I suppose, because we love one another and no distance changes that
with love
Louise

Fiona said...

My heart was heavy for you when I read this. My eyes fill with tears whenever I read "goodbye" stories now. It is a word I have come to hate. I hope that we get to see some lovely photos soon of your precious son and his beautiful daughter. Love and hugs Fiona xxx

Fiona said...

WELCOME HOME ELENORE, GERRIT AND MAUREEN. Heard about your eventful flight so glad you are all home safe and sound. Love Fiona x

Fiona said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELENORE, MAY THE YEAR AHEAD BE FILLED WITH LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS. Enjoy your party tonight. Fiona xx