Dear bloggers
On Friday I was asked by one of my blog friends why nothing of late. I see that my last blog was written the day before we left the USA on the 14 January 2009. I must admit to being quite pleased that someone actually missed my ramblings. Being back home now every day seems to have a particular pattern and seems boring at the best of times, so why bother to blog. But hey I was missed so here goes.....
Leaving my USA families behind became a reality once we left New York. Now there would be the Atlantic Ocean between us and I think the tears I shed would have raised the tide a bit. But there were also tears of joy when we arrived at Cape Town International and we were met by our beloved family. The waving of the Welcome Home balloon the warm hugs and kisses were soooooo great. I wanted to bend down and kiss the familiar earth a bit like the Pope - its a great idea and you only realise how wonderful home is after being away for a long three month. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed every moment of being with my son and the joy of holding my first grandchild is beyond explanation. There were times when the difference between us and them became apparent but I have let go of those times and enjoy remembering the happy feelings I often had in that far off land. All the young South Africans we met there among Andres friends long to be home. They have not forgotten their roots they just wanted to experience new things, new places and although they have been successful in both when the time is right for them most will come home again. I get upset when I read things people say about those who have left these shores - they are not traitors - in fact most of them are ambassadors for this country. They work hard, talk of this country with affection and never never forget that they are proudly South African. Now our lives are back to normal - it was hard at first - but now I thank God that my life is full. Family is close again, I have toddler and baby to hold and cuddle - what a gift. I miss my granddaughter but hope my son and his wife talk of us often. And soon we will have Skype and she will see us albeit in a box. One day soon I pray they will come home and we will rejoice at being together again for a while. Not much more to say for now except to thank my fellow bloggers who have missed me, my family who continue to love and accept me, and my husband who continues to put up with me. I love you all God bless until next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YAYAYAYAY!!! Glad you took Friday's hint so seriously!! I know there were times during your travels that were tough, but you've got the right attitude and the happy times will outweigh the bad by a thousand times. I am sure that nothing comes close to becoming a grandparent!! And we can't wait to meet your little princess - tell Andre to start saving!!!
Susie xxx
Yes we all want to meet that little cutie!! Glad to see you back in blogworld - I myself have been absent for a while. It happens.. xx
Silly me, I just asked Cabbages where you are. Welcome back it's good to read your blog again, please keep it up
Post a Comment