Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chocolate overload

Yes I did it again - finished too many chocs -why do I do this every year. The weight I lost in the USA is fast appearing around my middle again. Oh well Im 70 now!!! and I deserve all the treats I can get. Easter was lovely although we missed our sister and her familywho had a great time down at Langebaan. What a joy to once again have a little one plus dog hunting for eggs. We spent a lot of time in church which is how we traditionally spend our Easter. It gives us a good feeling to celebrate this great Christian festival. On Easter Day we attended an Easter Hat Lunch at Oasis which proved to be a success for us prizewise. Gerrit and I as the bunny couple won a bottle of bubbly and granny Joan won first prize of a lovely bunch of white roses as the most original. The meal was great and enjoyed by all who attended. Thanks to the staff concerned. Monday was another holiday when we just relaxed and..... ate chocs!!! Now they are all gone thank heavens. Today it appears that winter is trying very hard to get started and quite frankly I will be glad when it does. The lawn - that's a misnomer for the sorry state of the front garden as the "lawn" has turned a sad shade of brown and it feels like you are walking over a crushed packet of Lays - and all the other plants will rejoice when the rains come so bring it on Weatherman. We have spent some wonderful hours watching Amy - what a treasure to us all. She doesn't relate to me very well - I wonder why? I know I'm very loud and over the top at times but Nina doesn't seem to mind and finds my chest a comforting place to rest. Well time will tell if she takes the lead from her "big sister" Had a belated birthday supper with our Little sister which as usual was a success. Family so important and the older I get the more I realise how much I need them close by - I have some of the best times in my year with them all around me. I hope there are many more to come as they make me realise time and time again how very blessed I am that we live close to one another. For all of them I wish the happiest of times always, success in all their endeavours and love for one another than no-one else can take away. Boy am I getting soppy? time to log off.God bless until next time.

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi Elenore it is great to have you back. It is quite hard keeping up with all the blogging hey? I keep being told of other blogs to visit but I just can't as I am struggling to keep up with the ones I have now. Take care and love to Gerrit and Maureen. Fiona xx

Louise said...

You have such a big heart, I'm sure Amy's going to spot that soon.
It's good to read you again
Louisexx

Anonymous said...

Amy does love you, the 2 of you just have some weird thing going!
You are so talented and creative which is why your Easter hats did well. I saw them and they were great.
love you loads
xx
ps: glad you are back to blogging

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a lovely Easter. I think maybe you thinking that Amy has a problem with you makes you a bit anxious and then maybe she picks up on that which is like a vicious circle type of thing. I find with Sarah whenever I am stressed is when she acts up. Just a thought.. But as all the above are saying, she most definitely loves you I know that for sure xxx

Sue said...

Hi Nor,

Sorry I'm only catching up so long after you wrote this post, but I just haven't had time. Glad you enjoyed your Easter and that you got to share in the fun with Amy!!

XXX