Friday, May 1, 2009
Worker Day - No Work Today!!
Today was a great day for the family - 33 years ago the first of the family's next generation arrived ... so today was her birthday. We celebrated then and we celebrated today the birth of our gentle, insightful, loving, huggy daughter, granddaughter and niece. To each of us she has provided joy each and every year of her short (to most of us mature beings) life. But having tea with cake she so proudly and successfully baked was filled with hours of joy as we looked upon and met her young friends with the next generation of their families. So many goodlooking parents, wonderful children and friends with like minds. For me the real joy was Amy who looked at me to take her out onto the verandah stoep, whatever to play football/catch the ball with Keegan. I have come to realise that I am not the top of the pile when it comes to greataunts, but that's OK because Nina surely loves my ample bosom to rest on. But hey, Amy and I had a great time picking up the lovely round pink ball to "throw" back at Keegan. Thank you Amy, for the love you showed me today. Then..... Rowan arrived. Amy went into overdrive of joy as she ran towards the boy of her dreams, hugs and kisses and giving him the ball each time she caught it. What a blessing. All my nieces friends, their lovely children, their super partners I had a lovely day No work - Oh but I did do the dishes. Thank you all for your love and happiness that made my niece's day so special. God bless you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes it was a lovely afternoon. Thanks for the tea Elenore, and as for Caroline's cakes...well they were "to die for". Amy is just as cute as a button and Nina is really starting to gurgle smile, it is so sweet. Fiona xx
Well, almost a month down the line I finally got back on to your page. You sound so sad these days, it's a good thing that family of yours all love you sooo much.
Louise
Post a Comment