Saturday, June 6, 2009
Just because
Just because today I'm more or less at a loose end. Nothing in my diary or things to do list. This is unusual for me because I have something on each day of the week and that gives me a reason to get up at a reasonable time. I must admit to loving my bed!! Does that seem strange to those early birds who jump up at the first sign of the sun? Oh well we can't all rush around at the same time of day so some of us on days with nothing in particular to fill the hours need to stay under the duvet for a few special moments. I've come to think that bears have the best idea. Eat, drink and be merry all summer long and as soon as the days turn to cold.... find a warm and cosy place to sleep and sleep and sleep while dreaming pleasant things. While sleeping they lose all the weight they put on from all the eating, drinking and making merry and lo and behold they also, so I believe, give birth while in the glorious state of not being quite aware of what's going on. Now that could work for me, how about you? Well no maybe you are an early bird and really can't relate to my almost love affair with my bed and duvet. I'm waffling now but really we have to have winter, the earth needs to be refreshed and cleaned but there is a down side to my loving the cold, wet weather. I often think of those not as fortunate as most of us. The mothers and fathers who try to keep their children dry and free from illness as their "houses" leak and flood each year. Oh I know, they should make provision for these things during the long hot summer days. But I still feel for them. So what can I do. I've given away most of my extra blankets and unworn clothing, I give food at the door whenever asked, and make soup for the Roadside ministry at my church. I know many of you readers do the same and we pay our taxes so hopefully the powers that be will put them to good use and before next winter many more people will be put into real warm cosy leakfree homes. In the meantime I will enjoy my bed on rainy days and thank God for all my blessings. Love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to see you are posting again Nor. It is unlike you to be at a loose end, but staying in bed is a great idea. I too wouldn't mind being a bear and that part about even giving birth while sleeping, sounds like every human woman's dream!
Hi Nor,
I also love my bed, my husband often joke that it is my first love and to be very honest I think he is correct, if I could sleep through winter and come out sleaker and slimmer I truly would :-), getting up while it is still dark is unhealthy in my opinion, so enjoy those lazy mornings and yes I also say my prayers of thanks every evening for my warm bed and the roof over our heads as it is a blessing.
Much love to you
xxxx
Oh my word!! Sleep all through winter and then wake up with a sexy summer body!!!!! Come on!!! Next life I'm gonna be a bear..
Post a Comment